Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Shudder

I guess you could say summer is in full swing for me. Work has been okay for the most part, some irritations, but that's to be expected. I just keep my head low and try to avoid stupid political crap. It seems to work out, but some people I guess don't realize I want nothing to do with it. Anyway... This blog isn't about work or anything of that sort, nor is it about conservation. Rather this little blog is about what's not going on in my life for once. Lately I've become quite curious about the appeal of certain things that are not a part of my life.

I'm not sure if it's that I am overconfident, ignorant, or just plain old missing something, but I cannot ever remotely figure out what the big appeal is with going to bars, getting hammered, and posting photos or your good time on the internet. I simply don't understand any of it. Nowadays employers check people's Facebook pages before an interview and well... I don't see how it is at all rewarding to do this. If anything it makes yourself look like an idiot to a lot of people while making yourself look cool to others who probably don't have their lives in order or have a true sense of decency.

I'm also not sure what the appeal is of going to a bar to simply try and get with a girl or guy. I've been with Lauren almost 4 years and she was certainly not a bar hookup. It makes me wonder if it's like a confidence thing or something else that people feel they can't legit find someone away from a bar? In particular, those who claim they want to have a good relationship I don't understand... If I was looking for a good girlfriend, a bar would be the last place I would even think to go to... At least I don't have that to worry about :).  

No comments:

Post a Comment