Friday, May 18, 2012

The End Is Here

Yesterday I officially became a graduate of Kean University with a degree in History. What I'd like to do from here on in is really up to me. It's looking like I'm going to be getting into law somewhat on a research based job. More on that though if that is the path I choose to take. For this summer though I will remain at the Aquarium and Candy Store. It's kind of strange thinking that my time in both of those places may be coming to an end in a few months. It's really kind of a strange feeling. Not as strange as feeling that I have no classes anymore. It's like opening a door and seeing nothing but the sea in front of you. No land anywhere to be seen. No one telling me which way to go or how to get there. At this point it is all up to me. For this weekend though, I am going to just work and really relish the moment of just graduating and being done with classes. Of course there are a few people that I want to publicly thank.

First of all I have to thank my parents. Without them. I would not have been able to even go to school let alone graduate. The faith that they had in me over the past 5 years is incredible and words really can't describe it at all. There have been some crazy things that have happened over the past 5 years, but through it all, everything worked out and they've helped keep my head high, even in the darkest times. I also have to thank Lauren for pushing me to keep going when I considered stopping my schooling after OCC. Her support has helped me accomplish a lot. All three of these people have had an incredible influence on me and I cannot thank them enough for all they have done for me.

This summer I am going to once again put a lot of time into spreading the word about the world's Oceans. This time however I am going to try and show people what the world is going to turn into as species vanish off the face of the Earth. The species this year that I am going to focus on are sharks, dolphins, whales, seals, and new for this year, bluefin tuna. The title of this campaign will be Operation: Bleeding Seas. The name came from a friend named Stephanie with the message of us bleeding our seas dry. I think it is an incredibly fitting name for what I am trying to get across this summer.

So that is the plan for the immediate future for me. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment